Monday, May 6, 2013

Let's do it!

As I sit here on the couch...my precious little love sound asleep in my arm/lap...after just reading a birth story on another blog, I wonder where to begin.  Naturally, I must start with my little love, Lorelei.  Not yet about her arrival, but rather the decision that led to her arrival.

For Jake and I, the last few years have been very difficult. 
We had discussed growing our family for many years, confident that we wanted at least three to four children - replace ourselves and add to the population ;-)  It was, however, never the 'right' time...and while many a person has told me that the 'right' time will never come along, we needed to come to that conclusion on our own.

So...it was on a sunny May afternoon, right after family had left our home after a wonderful week-long visit, including my sweet little nephew Ryder Lee, who at the time was nearly 9 months...we had this talk... 
The conversation went a little something like this: 
Me: Wow!  It was so fun having little Ryder around.
Jake: Yeah...he's such a fun little guy, I miss him.
Me: Me too...So much, I think we should have one of our own. 
Jake: Yeah, well maybe once my career situation is ironed out, in a couple years we can try ourselves.
Me: No...I don't want to wait anymore.  I'm tired of waiting, we've been doing that for years.  I think we should try now...put our trust and faith in God.  He will provide what we need, when we need it.
Jake: Really??
Me: Yes!!! I think if we put our trust in Him, He will give us what we need.
Jake: Okay, let's do it!
We left it all in God's hands and asked that His will be done for our family.  I can honestly say, I was not in the least bit scared with this decision, rather extremely excited.  We were finally going to do what we had put off for the past seven years or so.  WOW...I could not wait to get started!!!!   

About three weeks later we learned we were pregnant!  That is a day I pray I NEVER forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment